Discover more from The Customer Success Café Newsletter
27 Killer Interview Questions to Land Your Dream Job According To Linkedin
Read time: 3 mins
Powerful AI tools
Fireflies: Set your meeting notes on autopilot so you can focus on the conversation.
Taplio: Grow your audience and build your brand on Linkedin.
Most people get the job interview wrong.
It’s crazy to see how many talented people fall off the cliff too early. And they look for external reasons or blame the recruiters for not getting the job.
But the reality is you are in the driver’s seat!
It’s up to you to seize the opportunity given to you while you also test the company to see if there is a great fit.
To do so, you need to come prepared and do your search beforehand.
So far so good.
But as you know, the number of jobs in CS is shrinking while demand is exploding right now.
And it’s tougher to differentiate yourself from the hundreds of other candidates including those who lost their jobs recently.
So, how are you going to stand out?
By asking killer questions no one else asks.
The same way you’d do with your customers to understand their needs.
But not any questions. Only relevant ones.
Those that invite your interviewer to elaborate and give you more insights.
This is why your goal should be to go deep and impress your interviewer. To make it a memorable experience.
On a side note: never ask about salary or benefits in the first interview. Nor basic questions you could google. This would be a red flag for your interviewer.
In the end, the one who gets the job is not always the most qualified. But sometimes the most energized and empathetic. Kind of people everyone wants to work with.
So, now that we laid down the foundations, here are the top 27 killer questions to ask and increase your chances to land your next dream job:
1. Why is this position needed?
2. What are the top priorities for this role?
3. Is this a new position or a replacement?
4. What skills would an ideal candidate have?
5. What are the top challenges of the position?
6. What are the criteria for success in this job?
7. Can you describe a typical day for someone in this role?
8. What are the team’s biggest challenges at the moment?
9. Can you tell me more about the people I’ll be working with and the team structure?
10. Which other departments does this team interact with the most?
11. What does the performance review process look like?
12. What’s one challenge you expect the new hire to tackle fast?
13. What are your expectations for the first 30, 60, or 90 days?
Company Culture & Values
14. What’s your approach to remote work?
15. What’s your take on the company’s culture?
16. How would you describe the company’s values?
17. Can you tell me more about the work environment here?
18. Are there any training opportunities?
19. Is there any corporate process for internal moves to other departments or offices?
20. What would be the next natural career steps for someone in this position?
21. What’s your top challenge at the moment?
22. What do you enjoy the most about working here?
23. What’s the one thing missing that could ease your life?
24. What gets you up in the morning to come to work here?
25. What’s next in the interview process?
26. What’s your ideal timeline to fill in the role?
27. Do you have any other questions I could address before I go?
And that’s it!
Keep these questions in mind for your next interview and ASK.
You’ll stand out immediately, I guarantee it!
Customer Success AI HUB
Discover weekly powerful AI tools that will save you 100+ hours a week and turn you into a productivity beast in seconds:
This week in the CS AI Hub:
Here are 7 ways I can help you:
Bookmark this email for reference.
The Customer Success Café 🎙️
Tune in to The CS Café Podcast on Spotify, where I interview the most influential experts in the industry each month.
Gain valuable insights and stay up to date with the latest trends. Want to be a guest on my show? feel free to reach out.
The Success Pod 🎙️
250,000+ downloads, 2,500+ active daily listeners, and counting! 🚀
Get daily inspiration and motivation from the most successful and brightest people who have ever lived.
Join our growing tribe of 3,100+ subscribers and tune in to The Success Pod now.
If you’re transitioning into CS or looking to set the foundations solid, check out my best-selling book, recommended by Custify, one of the leading CS platforms, as an “Essential Customer Success Book For The Modern CSM."
Level up your CS strategies with my new book “Supercharge Customer Success with ChatGPT”. Learn how to personalize experiences, automate tasks, and drive massive outcomes in seconds.
With over 15 years of industry experience, I reveal the secrets to writing and sending cold emails that boost your outreach and generate more leads.
You’re one cold email away from getting whatever you want.
3. Customer Success Job Board
Visit TopCSjobs.com, the premier job board exclusive to the latest career opportunities in customer Success. Find your next dream job today.
4. Personal Coaching
Book a 30-min coaching session with me. Whether you need guidance in your career or personal growth, let's work together to get the success you deserve.
Topics I cover:
AI for Customer Success
How to Grow Your Career in CS
Customer Success Fundamentals 101
How to Land Your Dream Job in Customer Success
How to Write The Perfect Cover Letter and Resume That Stand Out
How to Become A Rockstar Customer Success Manager
How to Grow a LinkedIn Audience to 10,000+ Followers
How to Start a Newsletter And Build Your Own Audience
How to Be More Productive, and Do More of What You Love.
and more to come.
5. Referral Program
Refer friends and colleagues to join my newsletter and gain exclusive member-only access and benefits:
Get 1-month free access to the Customer Success AI Hub (Value: $10)
Get a 30-min coaching session with me. (Value $500)
Simply click the button below, collect points, and unlock your exclusive benefits:
Sponsor my newsletter, boost your visibility, and position yourself or your company as an industry leader.
Check out the requirements here and send me an email whenever you’re ready!
7. My other newsletters
Your dose of inspiration and motivation in 3 mins every week for free.
Level up your photography skills in 3 mins every week for free.
As an award-winning professional photographer selling thousands of pictures online with over 12,000 students on Udemy, I help amateur photographers monetize their pictures with stock photography.
And that’s it!
Let me know which areas interest you the most, and we can dive deeper into these topics together.
And if there's anything else I can do for you, feel free to reach out.